*slightly late*, for two reasons. Firstly, the lack of subs for Joshiraku episode 3. I realize this series must be a nightmare to translate in a hurry even without other commitments, so I’m not complaining about the delay, it’s just that it means I won’t be able to include it in my weekly rankings. I waited as long as possible, but in order to avoid bias, I’ve not watched any of the 4th episodes that aired this week yet… and the 5th episodes are due to air in a few hours! I’m eager to clear this backlog, so Joshiraku’ll have to go. It would have been a nightmare to rank anyway, due to the high probability of the jokes and references being lost in translation, or simply lost on me. 😛
Second reason for the delay: I now have a job (receptionist at a local swimming pool). Interview was on Monday, I had to sort stuff out at the job centre on Wednesday, and I was working there for free as a sort of trial run/second stage of the interview yesterday. So I’ve not had much free time to begin with this week. I don’t know what days/hours I’ll be working, so don’t know how much it’ll affect my anime viewing or online activity, but for the moment I intend to carry on as usual. 🙂
1 – Eureka Seven AO (14)
2 – Natsuyuki Rendezvous (3)
3 – Sword Art Online (3)
4 – Binbougami ga! (3)
5 – Uchuu Kyoudai (16)
6 – Moyashimon Returns (3)
7 – Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (3)
8 – Kokoro Connect (3)
9 – Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 (3)
10 – Tari Tari (3)
11 – Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 (15)
12 – Yuru Yuri ♪♪ (3)
13 – Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (3)
14 – Oda Nobuna no Yabou (3)
15 – Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II (3)
16 – La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia (3)
- Moving up: Kokoro Connect. After a couple of episodes of humorous situations, this show really needed some drama and character development. Ep 3 delivered.
- Moving down: Binbougami-ga! Episode 3 had more of a story and less fast-paced comedy… but it was the latter that won this series first place in weeks 1 and 2.
- Muv-Luv Alternative’s anime original intro is now out of the way, and its third episode felt more like a first ep as a result, introducing the main characters and setting.
- I’ve never had any idea what’s going on in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon plot-wise… but even so, it’s fun to watch. Fun enough for me to pick up the sequel, at least.
- After a week without watching anything, what am I looking forward to resuming most? Probably Uchuu Kyoudai, and the continuation of the whole clock/alarm saga!
Apologies for the long, rambling intro. 😛 Assuming I can marathon 13 episodes in the next day or two, and that there’s no translation delays for any other series, my week 4 post should be up by the end of this month. 🙂